Build #214 extends DB2 support to include DB2 for ZOS. Most of the changes described below are related to this, or to general SQL changes.
DB2 ZOS support
· Build 214 extends DB2 support to include DB2 ZOS. Whereas with DB2 LUW (and Micro Focus Enterprise Developer) COBOL is connected to the database during the compile, with DB2 ZOS the COBOL compile is not corrected to the database, and it is a BIND step after LinkEdit that connects the compiled program with the database.
· Configure/ZOS has changed
o Another library defining the location of DCLGEN definitions has been added.
o The section JZL Templates has been changed from four textboxes to a Combo and button, allowing any of the 13 JZL templates to be viewed and edited
· Configure/SQL has changed
o If ZOS is checked, then values for SSID, Plan, Collection, and DBRMLib may be given. These will be used with the 3 new JZL procedures for jobs with SQL
· Convert from COBOL
o Input may be Local COBOL, ZOS Copy library, or ZOS DCLGEN Library
o If DCLGEN output is detected then a Jazz definition is created from the EXEC SQL DECLARE TABLE section of this code. The DCLGEN format is recognised wherever the input is found.
· New JZL templates CompileBatchSQL, GOSQL, and CompileCICSSQL have been added
For both DB2 ZOS and LUW,
· Qualified names are used in the SQL statements, and so PREFIX is no longer needed.
· Record layouts are built directly into the program, as with PSAM and VSAM files, so CPYLIBNAME is not needed for table names longer than 8 characters.
· Errors when DATE fields were updated or referenced in WHERE conditions have been fixed.
· Although MANASYS Jazz generates COBOL, field names may be COBOL reserved names. This now applies to SQL column names, just as it previously applied to VSAM, PSAM, and other field names. Thus there is no problem accessing a SQL column named (for example) CURRENCY.
Changes unrelated to SQL
· Concatenation may use VARCHAR fields as well as CHAR fields.
· Many configuration settings were being reset when a new version of Jazz was downloaded. They should now be correctly retained
Many thanks to Peter Vels of Canberra who worked with me to make these changes. Working closely with a user who I could Skype and Share Screen with was invaluable.
This build will download automatically when Get Jazz is clicked. Existing users should update the JZL templates by clicking [Configure] and [Initialise Project], then following the dialog to download new versions of
When you first use MANASYS Jazz, check that you’re running build #214 by looking at the line 4 comment of the generated COBOL. If you have a saved shortcut to the previously-loaded version then this may continue to run it.
We’re never short of ideas, but the important ideas are yours. What would you like us to do next? Every release is an opportunity to rethink and reset, so there’s never a better time to suggest enhancements.
CEO, Jazz Software Ltd
phone +64-9-418 4415
mobile +64-27-459 2702
IBM PartnerWorld member